February 2, 2017

valentines dinner for two

 

What could be more romantic than a cozy little table for two by the fire on Valentine’s night? Flowers, candlelight and a roaring fire are sure to spark a few extra emotions from our hearts! Oh, and the glow of the fire offers the perfect lighting too! 

My starting point for setting this table was copper and burlap. I love how the two textures, one earthy and one polished, play off each other. 


I found a set of mini copper lanterns that were the perfect size for this table. The copper dipped water glasses and copper chargers work perfectly for this tablescape. 

To add to the glow, I used gold flatware which plays up the pretty glittery gold heart garland, and is a natural companion to copper. The burlap runner was easy to make. Here's how I did it.    


White and lavender pink flowers add a little color to the table, and varying heights of simple pillar candles brighten up the mantel.   


This viny little fern is growing wild in my garden, so I used it to soften the table and connect all the elements of the centerpiece.


I love the glow of the copper.


I’m not sure what will be on the menu yet. What are your favorite romantic dishes?


I was going for a romantic but relaxed look. I love using high-low pieces, like our grandmother’s Wedgwood china with the new chargers and fun heart salad plates, and the heirloom wine glasses with the new modern water glasses. 


The napkins offer a vivid pop of color!


 And it all came together like this: 

 Dinner Plates: Patrician by Wedgwood
Salad Plates: Home Goods
Copper Chargers: Home Goods
Burlap Fabric: Oriental Trading
Mini Copper Lanterns: Oriental Trading 
Napkins: World Market
Gold Flatware: ebay
Wine Glasses: vintage
Water Glasses: World Market
Gold Glitter Hearts Garland: Oriental Trading 
Flowers: Trader Joe’s
Love Mantel Sign: Ciao Blog Shop
Pink Votives: CB2
White Pillar Candles: IKEA



ciao! fabiana



Thank you to Oriental Trading for sending me these products to review. 

The opinions expressed in this post are truly my own.



2 comments:

OzzienDiane said...

Beautiful tablescape and your mantel just oozes romance!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Thanks, Diane! Have a beautiful weekend!

xoxo

Ciao

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...