January 9, 2017

beautiful storage solutions


Happy Monday! With the kids back in school this week, I’m in full-on organization mode! I’m sure I’m not the only one, but January is always the month when I want to regroup, declutter and get more organized. 

With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, things tend to pile up here and there and so now’s a great time for a fresh start in the new year. 

The latest Better Homes and Gardens magazine has lots and lots of fun, creative and beautiful storage ideas, so I’m sharing this inspiration with you all today. Open shelving in the kitchen is nothing new, but don't you love the contrast of this aged brick backsplash with these rustic wood shelves? I wonder if I have a spot in my kitchen for open shelving...hmmmm. 



Bathroom storage couldn’t get more sleek and elegant than this chrome étagère with black & white accessories and natural woven baskets.


In this family room, custom wood crates are personalized with family members’ names and help keep the family organized. The colorful maps on the wall are fun too! 


The painted brick and wood flooring are the perfect backdrop for colorful books and accessories in this home office, and organizing books by color creates lots of visual appeal.


I LOVE how the books match the artwork, the amazing hot pink chair and primitive blue table!


Floor to ceiling cabinets are one way to stay organized in the laundry room, and a vintage industrial rack is another!


A niche in this bedroom is the perfect spot to reinvent the look of a vintage Hoosier cabinet with a white-washed finish. I would love this look in the kitchen or as a butlers pantry.


Don’t forget your accessory drawers need organization too. Keep things ready-to-wear and tangle-free with little compartments for each special piece.  


Can’t get enough closet space? Why not transform an extra bedroom into a luxurious boutique-style dressing room and closet? I’m game!


Kenneling your pooch is a great idea, and they really feel safe being in their own space. I love how Jeanette beautified her dog’s crate with this simple little project. 

photos via BH&G


ciao! fabiana


💕

While I’m here today, I wanted to share some of my "Tablescaping Essentials" with you. I have a whole page on the Amazon website with my favorite picks for setting a beautiful table.

Quite often time is of the essence, and I have last minute projects or events to work on, so I turn to Amazon for one or two day delivery. You’d be surprised at how many amazing items they have to offer! And I'm constantly updating this page with my new favorites. 



You can check it out here, at Tablescaping Essentials.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've actually noticed that open shelving is becoming very popular as the storage solution of choice in homes these days, and while I am finding it hard to disagree, I do have to say that aesthetics is not everything over functionality! I mean, think of all the dust that's going to get into your things because they're not covered!

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...